Communications Museum Introduction
The Communications Museum is a place with cultural, scientific and technological characteristics. As a part of the Macao Post and Telecommunications Bureau (CTT), the Communications Museum is built on numerous experimental and interactive features. Our belief is, "Dare to Experiment, Dare to Discover".
The Communications Museum, inaugurated on 1st of March 2006, is a place where the visitors can, simultaneously, experiment, learn and have fun.
The principal objectives of the Museum are as follows:
- To serve the Macao population, especially primary and secondary students, aiming at stimulating interest in Philatelic Collection, promoting scientific and technical knowledge of telecommunications, and making it more accessible
- To be a place of interactivity, discovery, experimentation, satisfaction and development of the visitors' abilities in the field of telecommunications
- To be a place of divulgation of Stamp Collection techniques and of promotion of Macao Philately, both to the Macao population and the tourists that visit the Museum
The Communications Museum presents exhibitions in two big areas:
- Post/Philately Area is situated on the first floor of the building, integrating artifacts and equipment related to the evolution of the systems and techniques used in long distance communications. Exhibits related to the history of CTT are displayed, ranging from precious artifacts to valuable collection of stamps and postal objects
- Telecommunications Area occupies the second and the third floor of the Museum. In this area, the interactive and experimental features of the Museum become more evident. In addition to equipment related to the history of CTT, a set of scientific exhibits related to electromagnetic, electrostatic, direct current, alternate current, telegraph, telephone, broadcasting, information processing as well as analog and digital electronics is displayed. These exhibits allow visitors to understand the evolution of the means and technique of communications as well as the front-end technologies
The Museum, gathering knowledge and entertainment, would like to make her contribution to the Knowledgeable Society.